Ready build some crazy contraptions in Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta? Microsoft and Mojang have announced 0.15, “The Friendly Update,” which offers a ton of new content but most importantly, the most-requested feature of all – pistons!
Although a release date has yet to be announced, the Friendly Update will be completely free for all players.
- Mysterious, as-yet-unspecified friendliness
- Pistons and sticky pistons!
- Observer blocks: new blocks that can detect changes in neighboring blocks
- Xbox Live Achievements on iOS and Android
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends!
- Leads, horses and dyeable horse armor!
- Fire charges
- Pig riding!
- A whole new UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition
- You can now tip arrows using a cauldron and potions!
- Husk zombies in the desert
- Stray skeletons in tundras
- Different villages in taigas and savannahs
- Skeleton horse traps!
Check out this amazing demonstration of what’s possible in Minecraft, created and captured in the Windows 10 beta by BlockWorks and TheMusicalKnight!
- Online play uses less bandwidth now
- Note blocks are a lot louder now
- Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now
- Added more mob eggs to the creative menu
- Fixed a lot of crashes!
- Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption
- A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback
- Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes
- Nether wart looks different when planted
- Less flickering of the block selection highlight!
- Glass doesn’t become green anymore
- Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples